Understanding the keywords searched by your ideal customers is the first step to develop a solid SEO strategy. The right SEO keywords are essential for your website copy and search advertising purposes. To achieve this, apply both common sense with your initial list, and get support from an SEO expert. The expert SEO expert will produce reports from SEO software like SEM Rush, Moz, and Google Analytics. Without this, it is very difficult to produce top results.
Think about SEO keywords in two ways: 1. For one purpose of website content and site traffic. 2. For the purpose of advertising (paid search). need both. Your site content must closely match keywords used in ads.
If you have a new website, and haven’t established your website copy, yippee! However, if you have an existing website, your content may require a drastic change. This is the time time to evaluate the investment of time and resources into achieving quality content.
A great keyword strategy is simply quality content, in the right places, so the site can be properly indexed and categorized by the search engines. Specifically, it is both science and art, and the only way to win big is by constant content creation – incorporate more and more keywords and phrases over time.
Top tips to choose the right SEO keywords
Nobody knows your business better than you. Therefore, create a general list of keywords, the obvious one. Use Excel/Sheets and include every search term you can think of. Then, the SEO expert and software tools will do the rest. Congratulations, now you have a starting point for your SEO reports! Plus, an SEO expert will likely ask for this. Now you are ready for reporting.
What to include in reports
1. Make certain to ask for the universe of search terms in a spreadsheet format.
2. It’s imperative to request competition for keywords which compares traffic by low, medium, high volume. You can prioritize your keywords with this information.
3. Ask for cost per click to be included, so you can see what a click will cost you for advertising, not just your website.
4. Establish a good balance of keywords based on the volume of search by keyword . This means all SEO keywords will be categorized by competitive ranking – low, medium and high competition. Use this data for bidding on search terms for ads. The higher the competition for a keyword, the longer it will take to earn organic search lift, and the more it will cost for ads. The lower the competition, the easier is is to obtain search lift and the cost should be less.
5. Furthermore, ask for a professional recommendation by the SEO expert to prioritize keywords for website copy, and establish a list of keywords for advertising. Consider negative terms too, for ads. You will pay for them in search, unless they are excluded.
6. Lastly, don’t be in a hurry, and make sure you consider all the options.